Maintain your Certified Coach Status.
Join SA Health Qigong Association’s Refresher Program for coaches!
Train in-person and fast-track your skills with our 3-hour catch-up session on all 4 Health Qigong routines.
Annual hour allocation keeps you updated and add to your next credential assessment.
Become a Certified Trainer
Leverage your expertise and leadership to explore the profound dimensions of Health Qigong, enabling individuals to not only enhance their personal well-being but also share the transformative power of this ancient practice with others.
Become a Certified Trainer
Spread the Practice of Health Qigong
Build a Knowledgeable Community
Join a Community of Like Minded
Maintain your Certified Coach Status
The Registered Coach Listing Status process (reporting to a minimum of 2 training events, 1 social event, and completing 1 assessment every 2 years) is NOT required to maintain your Registered Coach Listing Status at this time.
Keep in mind:
While reporting your sessions is not currently required, we encourage you to view all of your coach training activity via the SAHQA Members Coach Membership.
You can include all of your training activities in a single submission; when requested to do so to validate your active status.
Be a Certified Trainer
SAHQA preparatory Duans are classified as Chih levels, as preparation for the more advanced international accreditation. Qualifying at these levels will enable you to start teaching. Once qualified at a Chih 1-3 level, SAHQA will guide those who wish to further their training to proceed to international accreditation through SAHQA.
The candidate of one *IHQF Member organization, who participates in the Duan exam organized by *IHQF member organizations, and obtains the corresponding score, can be granted a Duan Diploma. *in this case SA Health Qigong Association also known as SAHQA or SA Health Qigong.
What will I need to do to achieve my certification?
1. Complete the Certified Health Qigong Coach Course either online or in person, including a minimum of 16 training hours per routine, with at least 4 hours of in-person training and the remainder completed online.
2. Successfully pass the Trainer Skills Assessment, which can be done in-person, through video submission, or via livestream, testing your understanding of the Trainer Course and technical details; if unsuccessful, a second opportunity is available at a cost of $35.
3. Submit a video for evaluation, ensuring it clearly shows head-to-toe coverage and includes three angles (front, side, and back view) while executing the routine with narrated (English/Mandarin) music allocated for the specified routine.
4. Pass the Assessment for the Certificate by achieving a 70% score on technical features to obtain the Junior Coach, SAHQA Certified Chih Level 1/2/3.
SAHQA Chih Levels
SAHQA preparatory Duans are classified as Chih levels, as preparation for the more advanced international accreditation.
Qualifying at these levels will enable you to start teaching.
Once qualified at a Chih 1-3 level, SAHQA will guide those who wish to further their training to proceed to international accreditation by both SAHQA and the International Health Qigong Federation (IHQF). SAHQA Health Qigong Chih 1-3 Instructor Certificate (upon passing the assessment)
International Duan Criteria
The first criterion is to be an active SAHQA subscription member and remain a SAHQA member by renewing your annual subscription.
Learn the advanced criteria as advised by your SAHQA/IHQF coach.
SAHQA will advise and guide the member to obtain the international merit listed below.
Continue to obtain the recommended merit to qualify as an International IHQF coach
SAHQA will assist you in registering and obtaining merit with IHQF, Beijing China.
International Recognition of Credentials
2. The headquarters of the International Federation of Health Qigong is based in Beijing, China. Its main responsibilities are: to organize international competitions and activities of Health Qigong, to develop the international technical standards of Health Qigong, and to formulate the training plan and management of Health Qigong athletes, coaches, and referees.
3. The South African Health Qigong Association also known as; SA Health Qigong and SAHQA is part of 87 member countries and has been a member of the IHQF and CHQA since 2011. Is authorised to train, teach, adjudicate, assess, and merit.
Introduction to International Health Qigong Duan Diploma
Pre-Duans (level 1, level 2, level 3),
Junior Duans (Duan 1, Duan 2, Duan 3), Intermediate Duans (Duan 4, Duan 5, Duan 6),
Senior Duans (Duan 7, Duan 8, and Duan 9).
B. The International Health Qigong Duan Diploma specifications include color categories that represent different Duan levels.
Each Duan level is indicated by a background color (blue for Junior, yellow for Intermediate, and red for Senior), and the actual level within the Duan is denoted by the combination of stars (ranging from 1 to 3).
For instance, the diploma for Intermediate Duan 6 is characterized by the theme color “yellow” and three stars.
How to Obtain International Health Qigong Duan Diploma
2. To obtain an International Health Qigong Duan Diploma, candidates affiliated with an IHQF Member organization can participate in Duan exams organized by its member organizations. Successful candidates who achieve the required score are granted the corresponding Duan Diploma.
NB: Each International Health Qigong Duan Diploma features a unique QR code, allowing individuals to access diploma information and verify its authenticity through a mobile device scan.
SAHQA, IHQF, CHQA Record Keeping
All trainees are to upload the Certificates of Completion onto the official website of IHQF, as evidence for awarding the Certificates of Pre-Duan and Duan Levels upon verification.
The member organizations, in strict accordance with the International Health Qigong Duan System (draft) and the entrust agreements of the exam, organize the exam. The exam must be videotaped in the whole process and the relevant record must be preserved for at least 3 years.
The member organizations must submit the examination results to the IHQF as per the entrust agreements of the exam. As a rule, the examination result should be submitted within a week after the examination.
The IHQF will inspect the training and examination results. Generally, within a month after receiving the materials concerning the training and examination results, the Head Office will publish the results on the IHQF website, and then the candidates who pass the exams can print or download the Certificates of Duan.
Assement Technical Criterea
1. The origins, characteristics, key points, methods of movements, standards, practice
tips, functions, and effects of Health Qigong Yi Jin Jing.
2. The origins, characteristics, key points, methods of movements, standards, practice
tips, functions, and effects of Health Qigong Wu Qin Xi.
3. The origins, characteristics, key points, methods of movements, standards, practice
tips, functions, and effects of Health Qigong Liu Zi Jue.
4. The origins, characteristics, key points, methods of movements, standards, practice
tips, functions, and effects of Health Qigong Ba Duan Jin.
2. Please emphasize the importance of focusing on fundamentals, and taking the necessary time for learning and acquiring knowledge.
3. Adopt a mindset of emptying your cup daily during training, allowing for continual change without emotional attachment or strict goal-setting.
4. Acknowledge that understanding and mastery of technical aspects improve as skills and abilities grow.
5. Gain a deeper understanding and refine your skills by periodically referring back to the origin, enabling a better comprehension of subtleties that may be overlooked initially.